Established in 2002 Asquith are the original athleisure brand designing activewear to live in. Their collections enhance yoga and Pilates practice but are also classic and elegant enough to wear every day.
Asquith approached Leapfrogg in Spring of 2017 for help putting together a digital retail strategy and growth plan for 2017 and beyond.
Having grown organically for 15 years Alice was looking for a trusted partner to increase the speed of digital growth, which is where Leafrogg jumped in!
We began by defining the key challenges to online growth, these were:
- Limited budget – marketing budget was limited and internal resource stretched
- Remote team – operating a remote team, although giving flexibility and expert input can be hard to manage
- Operating tactically – due to small business workload the digital activity was tactical rather than strategic
- Competition – Asquith operate in a market place with large competitors with deep pockets
- Lack of customer insight
What we did
Leapfrogg were appointed to create a flexible support program from our senior advisory team to cover:
- A full review of all current marketing activity including website performance & analytics
- Assessment of the effectiveness of current digital agencies & providers
- A review of any existing website/customer/transactional data
- An understanding of the digital and direct sales opportunity and required digital marketing budget to achieve growth
- Setting financial targets and KPIs for the online business
- Top level prioritised digital strategy to achieve online growth
After completing an initial analysis and review of their current digital marketing activity and existing website/customer/transactional data we created a growth strategy and plan for 2017 with the following objectives:
Develop the full Asquith online experience (grow loyalty)
Maximise revenue from their current brand awareness & customer base
Acquire more of the ‘perfect customer’
Streamline process and accountability
The digital plan for growth covered week by week activity across all key channels:
- Natural Search
- Paid Search
- Content campaigns
- Influencer marketing
- Competitions & brand collaborations
- Conversion rate optimisation
- Social media
- Email marketing
We then provided monthly mentoring/management of the strategy with the Asquith team and 3rd party providers to ensure all activity was implemented and measured effectively.
Due to a successful online strategy alongside the launch of direct mail 2017 saw a huge leap in growth for Asquith across multiple channels.
- Online revenue growth = +111%
- Website traffic = +40%
- Conversion rate = +16%
- AOV = +23%
- Natural search revenue = +94%
- Email revenue = +84%
- Paid search revenue = +121%
- Social revenue = +57%
We continue to support Asquith in delivering further high growth in 2018.
What did the client have to say?
“Working with Leapfrogg is a breath of fresh air. They are responsible, communicative, supportive, take time to understand my business, efficient, very organised, clever planning, smart, listen to the issues, evaluate the issues and work out best practice and best solution. Leapfrogg are good listeners and really take the time to understand my business. They have also taken off my shoulders the digital marketing and team planning, which really wasn’t my forte. Leapfrogg have taken a huge amount of time and trouble to understand my team, the company issues and have taken a step back to really work with us on how to address all the issues and work with me and the team on our digital marketing strategy. I cannot recommend them highly enough.”
Alice Asquith, Owner at Asquith London