Image by art.implausible via Flickr
Simon and I of the social media team here at Leapfrogg set ourselves a challenge, “to film, edit & upload a video in less than 4 hours”.
Our main reason for doing this was to demonstrate that video content:
1) isn’t difficult to produce
2) need not cost the earth
3) doesn’t need to take weeks to organise & complete.
What we used to create the video:
- A Laptop with basic editing software like imovie or movie maker
- A digital camera
- A kitchen
- 2 actors (simon and claire are available for weddings, blessings and bar mitzvahs)
A break down of our video production time is:
- Planning – 60 mins
- Filming – 40mins
- Sourcing music – 2 mins
- Editing – 80 mins
Total: 182 minutes – around 3 hours from start to finish.
and here it is, hope you like it and please get those digital cameras out and start filming NOW!
Video content is vital to a website, especially with video creeping into the search listings, it is a useful way to differentiate your business & your website from the rest.
Video is fantastic for product reviews – interacting with customers – building communities – reaching the mass market, humanising corporate entities & getting links to your site!
The fact of the matter is, if you aren’t making a video now… you can bet your competitors are!
- Newspapers do video too! [via Zemanta]
- Marketing book covers Internet video [via Zemanta]
- Video support coming to the Sidekick LX? [via Zemanta]
- IAB Completes Industry Guidelines For Video Ads [via Zemanta]
PS: If you have made or want to join in the 4 hour challange let us know about it so we can all be happy video friends together email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org